Effective August 21, 2018, the cap to earn high dividends on a Kasasa Cash account was raised from $15,000 to $25,000. This means that you can earn 2.25% APY* on the first $25,000 in your account when monthly cycle requirements are met!
If you have funds earning less than 2.25% APY at other financial institutions, now is a great time to look at moving some into your Kasasa Cash account. If you have a Kasasa Saver account, the cap increased to $50,000 as well. Click here to learn more about Kasasa Saver!
Choose Kasasa® — free checking that's really free and rewards you in cash! There are no monthly service fees, and you'll never pay a fee just because your balance isn't big enough. Instead, earn up to 2.25% APY and refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide.* Start earning more money today with our free Kasasa Cash® checking account.
- Free checking that pays high interest
- 2.25% APY* on balances up to $25,000
- 0.25% APY on balances over $25,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications are not met
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide, up to $25 monthly and up to $9.99 per transaction*
- Link to free Kasasa Saver® to build savings automatically
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Free online banking & bill pay
- Free mobile banking with mobile deposit
- Free e-Statements with check images
- Free Visa® debit card
- Unlimited check writing
- $25 minimum deposit to open
It's Easy to Earn Extra Cash in Your Wallet!
Qualifying is so easy, you're probably already doing it. To earn your rewards, enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 1 direct deposit, ACH credit, or ACH payment transaction**
- At least 15 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive e-Statements
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking
That's it. And even if you don't qualify, you still earn our base interest rate and your account is still free. Plus, you can get back to earning a higher rate and refunds on ATM withdrawal fees the very next cycle.
CheckGuard Overdraft Service
Avoid Returned Items and Extra Fees
To protect you from unexpected overdrafts, we offer CheckGuard on all Sonabank checking accounts. This service allows you to overdraw your account in order to pay for transactions, including:
- Everyday Debit Card Transactions
- Online Bill Pay Items
- ACH – Automatic Debits
- ATM Transactions
- And more
Learn more about CheckGuard.
*$25 minimum deposit is required to open. APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Kasasa Cash rate tiers are as follows: 2.25% APY applies to balances of $0-$25,000 and 0.25% APY applies to balances over $25,000 if qualifications are met during the monthly qualification cycle. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. A linked Kasasa Saver account is required for automatic savings. ATM fee reimbursements provided only if qualifications are met within the monthly qualification cycle and ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. Member FDIC. Kasasa, Kasasa Cash, and Kasasa Saver are trademarks of BancVue, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A.
**Automated Clearing House (ACH) is an electronic network for financial transactions in the United States. ACH processes large volumes of credit and debit transactions. ACH credit transfers include direct deposit, payroll and vendor payments. ACH direct debit transfers include consumer payments on insurance premiums, mortgage loans, and other kinds of bills. ACH is a computer-based clearing and settlement facility established to process the exchange of electronic transactions between participating depository institutions.